Sex dating in burgess hill sussex married dating personals louisville ky
The St Paul's workhouse then accommodated 125 inmates.
In 1731, Woolwich opened a parish workhouse at Rope Yard Rails. The Greenwich Poor Law Union was formed on 18th November 1836.
So that allowing the Eatables of the Family came to 6 l. The site was subsequently purchased from the Crown and a new workhouse erected.
A parliamentary report of 1776 records a brick-built workhouse in operation at East Greenwich for up to 350 inmates.
The three-storey main block was based on a central corridor plan.
THAT such Orders be set up in the House as shall be appointed by his Majesty's Justices of the Peace, the Gentlemen of the Committee, Church-Wardens, and Overseers of the Poor, for the better Regulation of the House. AN Apothecary attends the Sick with proper Medicines at 15l. A School-Mistress belonging to the House teaches the Children to read. The 1732 edition of the Account also recorded that a workhouse was erected in Deptford in 1726.THAT no Money be allowed by the Overseers to be paid to any Person, but by Order of his Majesty's Justices of the Peace, and the Gentlemen of the Committee then sitting, on a Day appointed Weekly for the Relief of the Poor.THAT no Person be admitted into the House, but on the Committee-day, except on some extraordinary Occasion.(The parish of Greenwich is sometimes referred to as "East Greenwich" in old documents, to distinguish it from neighbouring West Greenwich — more usually known as Deptford.) The workhouse inmates were employed in spinning mop-yarn and jersey. per annum), a superintendant of spinning yarn (£8 8s.), his assistant who also read prayers (£8 8s.), a superintendant of spinning jersey (£7), her assistant (10s.), a beadle (£25), and a collectors (£38 on average).A workhouse was erected in Deptford in 1726 on the site of an old manor house known as Sayes Court.